ABOUT THIS BOOK
- The first English-language specialist book on the Pilates method in prevention (“Pilates Studio”) and physiotherapy (“Pilates for Rehabilitation”)
- Detailed instructions for mat and equipment training
- 50 essential mat exercises, clearly illustrated in over 400 color photographs
- Pilates in rehabilitation: with numerous concrete treatment examples
- With a total of over 780 color illustrations
Pilates For Prevention And Therapy
Millions of people use Pilates training to improve health and fitness, or regain movement capability following injury or disease. Competent, professional support from physiotherapists, sports teachers and trainers is of vital importance for every client or patient. "Pilates: A teachers’ manual“ provides you, as a professional, with fundamental teaching structures and practical guidelines. The concepts which characterized the traditional approach to Pilates are combined with the evolved methods of modern Pilates training, and backed up by current findings in sports science and kinesiology.
Pilates For Prevention
- Methodology - movement categories, functional systems, functional anatomy
and biomechanics, etc.
- Techniques for testing and classification of training objectives
- Modern mat training: ca. 40 exercises
- Class plans tailored to specific groups (beginner, intermediate, advanced, pre-natal, etc.)
Pilates For Therapy
- Basics - ICF classification, phases of rehabilitation, strength, mobility
- Exercises utilizing the Pilates equipment (Reformer, Cadillac, etc., small apparatus)
- Therapeutic mat exercises
- Movement in muscle chains
-Treatment examples from orthopedics, neurology, etc.
- All exercises clearly presented on double pages
- Concise movement instructions
- More than 500 color photographs illustrate movements step-by-step
- References and practical tips on all themes
Inter-disciplinary relevance and comprehensibility
- With glossary and clarification of anatomical terms
The first English edition of the successful German work
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Fitness - Pilates - Rehabilitation - Sport Medicine
Related subjects » Medicine - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1 Introduction.- 2 History.- 3 The Pilates Concept.- 4 Pilates as Preventative Exercise: Foundations.- 5 The Exercises.- 6 Class Formats.- 7 Therapeutic Pilates: Fundamental Principles.- 8 Therapeutic Pilates: Applications.- 9 Therapeutic Pilates: Clinical Conditions/Patient Examples.- 10 Pilates and Motor Learning.- 11 General and Specialized Instruction.- 12 Formal Basis for the Implementation of Pilates Training.
AUTHORS & EDITORS
Verena Geweniger (Darmstadt, Germany): Sports educator and Pilates trainer with various international certifications, since 2006 President of the German Pilates Association (Deutscher Pilates-Verband)
Alexander Bohlander (Cologne, Germany): Managing Director of POLESTAR Europe (European educational institute for Pilates trainers), physiotherapist, alternative medical practitioner and Pilates Master Trainer. Since 1995 he has operated a practice for holistic physiotherapy and osteopathy with an integrated Pilates studio.