- Provides up-to-date information on a wide range of advanced primary and secondary rhinoplasty techniques
- Clearly explains ethnic variations in anatomy and techniques, and possible risks and complications
- Includes a wealth of high-quality color illustrations
Aesthetic rhinoplasty is among the most common aesthetic operations in the field of facial aesthetic plastic surgery, but it is also viewed as one of the most complex. This comprehensive book provides a wealth of up-to-date information on advanced aesthetic rhinoplasty techniques. After discussion of anatomy, psychological issues, and preoperative planning, a wide range of primary and secondary rhinoplasty techniques are described clearly and in detail with the aid of numerous high-quality color illustrations. The use of fillers in rhinoplasty, ethnic variations in anatomy and techniques, and possible risks and complications are all clearly explained. This book is intended primarily for experienced surgeons in the fields of plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, general surgery, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, oral maxillofacial surgery, and cosmetic surgical subspecialties. It will also be an invaluable resource for residents and fellows.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Alar - Face - Reconstruction - Rhinometry - Septorhinoplasty
Related subjects » Otorhinolaryngology - Surgery
Table of Contents
- Muscles, SMAS and Vascular Anatomy of Nose.
- Neurologic Anatomy of the Nose.
- Anatomy of the Dermocartilagenous Ligament of the Nose.
- Surgical Anatomy of the Nose.
- PERSPECTIVES AND PSYCHOLOGY:
- Rhinoplasty in the Aging Face.
- Self-Esteem and Personality in Patients with Body Dysmorphic Disorder undergoing Cosmetic Rhinoplasty.
- Postoperative Psychological Impact following Rhinoplasty.
- Psychological Considerations in Revision Rhinoplasty.
- Computer-simulated Imaging in Rhinoplasty.
- Rhinometry: Clinical Index for Evaluation of the Nose.
- PRIMARY RHINOPLASTY:
- Trends in Functional Rhinoplasty.
- Primary Caucasian Rhinoplasty.
- Asian Rhinoplasty.
- Hispanic Rhinoplasty.
- Rhinoplasty in the Middle Asian Patient.
- Rhinoplasty in the Multiracial Nose.
- Aesthetic Rhinoplasty utilizing various Techniques depending on the Abnormality.
- Sonic Rhinoplasty: Sculping with the Ultrasonic Bone Aspirator.
- Extracorporeal Rhinoplasty.
- External Marginal Approach Rhinoplasty (EMA Rhinoplasty).
- Intranasal Z-Plasty for internal Nasal Valva Collapse.
- Nasal Alar Rim Reconstruction for Nasal Alar Rim and Valve Collapse.
- Lateral Osteotomy in Rhinoplasty.
- Postoperative Care of the Rhinoplasty Patient.
- The Use of INTEGRA™ in Rhinoplasty.
- Fat Grafting to Nose
- Nasal Augmentation using Orbital Fat or Dermofat.
- Permacol in Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Use of Aquamid as Filler for Rhinoplasty in Orientals.
- Injectable Calcium Hydroxyapatite Filler for Nasal Contouring
- TIP PROCEDURES:
- Suture Nasal Tip Lift.
- Resection of Strips of Alar Cartilages for the Difficult Projected Tip with Thin Skin.
- Tip Shaping in Primary Rhinoplasty.
- Tip Rhinoplasty: Modified Delivery Approach.
- The Double Columella Strut: An Adjunct to improve the Nasal Tip.
- Surgery on the Primary Nasal Tip: New Domes Technique and Banner Technique.
- Medical Crura Suture Technique for Long Term Columella Narrowing and Extrapolater Effect on Tip Projection and Rotation.
- The Onlay folded Flap (off) for Nasal Tip Surgery.
- REVISION RHINOPLASTY:
- Functional and Aesthetic Concerns of Patients seeking Revision Rhinoplasty.
- Revision Rhinoplasty: Evaluating the Patient and the Problem.
- Airway Patency in Aesthetic Rhinoplasty: Primary and Revisional Techniques.
- Secondary Rhinoplasty in the Middle Eastern Patient.
- Revision Rhinoplasty in Asians. Management of the Middle Third in Revision Rhinoplasty.
- Repairing the Drooping Tip and Hanging Columella in Revision Rhinoplasty.
- Advancing the Art of Rhinoplasty with Tissue Engineering.
- Algorithm for Posttraumatic Rhinoplasty.
Authors & Editors
Melvin A. Shiffman, MD, JD, FCLM, received his MD from Northwestern University School of Medicine in 1957 and completed his residency in general surgery in 1964 at the Veterans Administration Hospital, Long Beach, California. Since then he has been continuously involved in the practice of oncologic surgery, reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery. In 2002, Dr. Shiffman became Chair of the Section of Surgery at Tustin Hospital and Medical Center and in 2009-10 he served as President of the American College of Legal Medicine. He is Editor Emeritus of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, a member of the International Editorial Board of the International Journal of Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery, and an examiner for the International Board of Cosmetic Surgery. He is also a former Editor-in-Chief of both the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Shiffman is the recipient of many honors and is a Fellow of various colleges and societies. He has published almost 300 articles, edited 34 books, and written over 140 book chapters.
Alberto Di Giuseppe, MD, has been Senior Registrar of the Plastic Surgery Department of the University of Ancona since 1982, and is also Associate Professor of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the University of Oradea, Romania and Associate Professor of Surgery at the Lipoplasty University of Austin, Texas, USA. After obtaining his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at Bologna University, he attended the Schools of Specialization in Plastic Surgery and Maxillofacial Surgery at Parma University, achieving board certification in both specialties. Dr. Di Giuseppe continued his training in England, serving as registrar and then senior registrar at the Plastic Surgery Center Mount Vernon Hospital of North Wood (Middlesex) and the Victoria Queen Hospital of East Grinstead (Sussex). Afterwards he attended the Hand Surgery Center at Utah University of Salt Lake City, directed by Prof. G. Lister. Dr. Di Giuseppe practices the full range of plastic surgery with an emphasis on aesthetic surgery, and has vast experience in all facial, aesthetic, and reconstructive procedures. He is a Board Member of the European Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.