Surgery needs skill. Skill needs knowledge. Knowledge of tricks, moves, and tools. This book is about such knowledge. Expert authors have contributed technical pearls, gained by years of experience. The short “how-I-do-it” chapters offer the reader a quick and effective guide that will be invaluable when addressing any penetrating injury.
The book is not intended to serve as a comprehensive volume of pathophysiology and management in trauma; rather the goal is to provide practical solutions on how to treat injuries surgically. It describes the steps that you must take when, in the middle of the night, confronted with devastating bleeding, you will have only one chance to save a life!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Prehospital care, diagnostic tools and resuscitation strategies.
- Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma to Head, Face, and Neck.
- Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Chest.
- Surgical Strategies in Penetrating Trauma to the Abdomen and Pelvis.
- Surgical strategies in Penetrating Trauma and Orthopedic Injuries.
- Peripheral Arterial Injuries.
- Other topics.