About this book
- Written by the well-known and well-recognized European experts of the field
- Comprehensive and clinically oriented textbook, covers also new techniques such as phonosurgery
- Surgical techniques are illustrated and explained in a step-by-step manner
- Extensively illustrated with numerous colour illustrations and art work
- Highly user-friendly structured (with ‚complications to avoid’, key facts’ and ‚summary for the clinician’)
- Includes a DVD with short video-clips for each procedure
Written by internationally recognized opinion leaders of the field, this comprehensive textbook covers all the subspecialities of laryngology, from phonosurgery to cancer. Each surgical procedure is explained and well illustrated in a step-by-step manner. Moreover, different surgical methods such as endoscopic versus open surgery and the use of cold instrument versus laser are evaluated so that the reader receives guidance for the use of these complimentary methods.
Laryngologists and general ENT specialists
Table of contents
Anatomy and physiology.- Assessment (voice , respiratory, swallowing).- Surgical Propedeutics: Approaches, instrumentation, basic.- Endolaryngeal Phonosurgery.- Laryngeal framework surgery.- Laryngeal surgery in children.- Surgery for benign tumors in adults.- Trauma of larynx.- Glottic airway stenosis.- Subglottic tracheal and tracheal Stenosis.- Tracheotomy.- Scarred larynx.- Surgery for larynx and hypopharyngeal cancer.- Photodynamic therapy.- Neurogenic dysfunctional disorders.- Swallowing disorders.- Nerve reconstruction.- The helping drugs – related treatments.