1. Mesothelioma and pseudomyxoma peritonei: incidence, etiology, diagnosis
2. Pathology of selected primary and metastatic tumors of peritoneum
3. Treatment of patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei and peritoneal mesothelioma
4. Standardizing of mesothelioma and pseudomyxoma care
5. Experimental substantiation of optimal regimes of hyperthermic peritoneal chemotherapy
6. Immunotherapy of malignant peritoneal mesothelioma and pseudomixoma peritonei
The book discusses a vital problem of diagnostics and treatment of peritoneal malignancies, pseudomyxoma and malignant mesothelioma, which is still insufficiently developed.
Compared to similar, earlier editions, this volume importantly presents cutting-edge approaches and up-to-date diagnostic methods.The authors place special emphasis on morphological/pathological characteristics of these tumors involving immunodiagnostic techniques, and a chapter on the immunotherapy of mesothelioma and pseudomyxoma will be of special interest to readers.Fully illustrated, the book will present an algorithm of diagnostics and complex treatment of these tumors.
Prof. Mikhail V Kiselevskiy, Head of Laboratory of Cell Immunity of NN Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center. Adoptive immunotherapy of cancer, Honored Scientist of the Russian Federation and Laureate of the Prize of Russian Government. Professional interests - adoptive immunotherapy of cancer and investigation of mechanisms of anticancer immunity.
Dr Amir G Abdullaev, Oncologist and surgeon at Thoracic Research Department, NN Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center and Assistant Professor of Department of Oncology, Sechenov Medical University. Professional interests - cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy of mesothelioma and pseudomyxoma
Dr Mikhail M Davydov, member of Russian Academy of Sciences, Head of Thoracic Research Department, NN Blokhin Russian Cancer Research Center and Head of Department of Oncology, Sechenov Medical University. Professional interests - thoracic and abdominal surgery of malignant tumors.