1. Definition and Changes in Nomenclature of Hepatic Encephalopathy Chathur Acharya, Jasmohan Bajaj
2. Hepatic Encephalopathy: Pathophysiology - Brain Julien Bissonnette, Christopher F. Rose
3. Pathophysiology: Gut Liver Axis ChangesCharlotte Woodhouse, Debbie Shawcross
4. Impact and Diagnosis of Minimal or Grade 1 Hepatic Encephalopathy Mette Munk Lauridsen, Hendrik Vilstrup
5. Treatment Options for Covert Hepatic EncephalopathySahaj Rathi, Radha K. Dhiman
6. Latest Concepts in Inpatient Hepatic Encephalopathy ManagementThoetchai (Bee) Peeraphatdit, Patrick S. Kamath, Michael D. Leise
7. Prevention of Recurrence of Hepatic EncephalopathySudhir Maharshi, Barjesh Chander Sharma
8. Hepatic Encephalopathy Diagnosis ConundrumsSara Montagnese, Piero Amodio
9. Integrating Palliative Principles into Cirrhosis Care: The Effect of Hepatic EncephalopathyMichael Ney, Amanda Brisebois, Puneeta Tandon
This volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview of hepatic encephalopathy. Through a case-based approach, the text reviews new data and studies about the role of microbiota in liver disease and hepatic encephalopathy, explores the burden of hepatic encephalopathy on readmissions, costs, and patient care, and highlights management strategies for patients in differing stages of hepatic encephalopathy. Exploratory new therapies and treatment targets are also discussed in the guide.
Written by experts in the field, Diagnosis and Management of Hepatic Encephalopathy: A Case-based Guide is a valuable resource for physicians and researchers who deal with this challenging complication of cirrhosis.
Jasmohan S. Bajaj, MBBS, MD, MS, FAASLD, AGAF, FAASLD, FRCP
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityMcGuire VA Medical CenterDivision of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and NutritionRichmond, VAUSA