Table of Contents
Presenting the latest advances in research and clinical care
Despite the various advantages of home dialysis compared to in-center hemodialysis, only a fraction of patients in Japan currently opt for peritoneal dialysis or home hemodialysis. However, considerable advances in research and technical improvements have been made lately, advancing the practice of home dialysis therapy in Japan.
Japanese research is well-known for its ingenuity and creative energy with regard to the development of new machines and systems for dialysis. New insights regarding peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis are presented in the publication at hand: Contributions by leading Japanese experts discuss topics such as educational methods, techniques, tools, novel systems and organization of patients. The book will be of great interest to clinical physicians involved in dialysis care; Moreover, the expertise collected in this volume may contribute to the advancement of home dialysis therapy in a global context.
Table of Contents
- Title Page / Table of Contents / Preface
Collins, A.J. ;
- A Kinetic Model for Peritoneal Dialysis and Its Application for Complementary Dialysis Therapy
- How Automated Peritoneal Dialysis Is Applied and Maintained in Japan
- Introduction and Maintenance Program for PD Based on PD Guidelines for Japan
- Appropriate Drug Dosing in Patients Receiving Peritoneal Dialysis
Hirata, S. ; Kadowaki, D.
- Surgical and Medical Treatments of Encapsulation Peritoneal Sclerosis
- Application of Peritoneal Dialysis in Elderly Patients by Classifying the Age into Young-Old, Old, and Oldest-Old
Hiramatsu, M. ; Ishida, M. ; Tonozuka, Y. ; Mikami, H. ; Yamanari, T. ; Momoki, N. ; Onishi, A. ; Maruyama, K.
- Maintenance of Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis in Elderly Patients
- Role of Nurses in a Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Diagnosis Outpatient Clinic
Kimura, Y. ; Inoue, T. ; Suzuki, H.
- Combination Therapy with Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis
Suzuki, H. ; Hoshi, H. ; Inoue, T. ; Kikuta, T. ; Tsuda, M. ; Takenaka, T.
- Implementation of a Cooperative Program for Peritoneal Dialysis
Okada, K. ; Abe, M. ; Soma, M.
- Care for Patients Carrying Out Dialysis Therapy at Home
- Perspectives on Home Hemodialysis in Japan
Maeda, K. ; Nakai, S.
- Current International Status of Home Hemodialysis
Saito, A. ; Ohta, Y. ; Sato, K. ; Ichinose, M. ; Arii, T. ; Toyama, K.
- Future Home Hemodialysis – Advantages of the NxStage System One
- Introduction to Home Hemodialysis
- Overnight Home Hemodialysis: Eight Patients and Six Years of Experience in Sakairumi Clinics
Tanaka, H. ; Sakai, R.· ; Kita, T. ; Okamoto, K. ; Mikami, M.
- Practice of Home Hemodialysis in Dialysis Clinic
- Perspective of Home Hemodialysis in Japan
Narikiyo, T. ; Nakamoto, M.
- Role of Clinical Engineers in Home Hemodialysis
Ohhashi, N. ; Takenaka, T. ; Honda, H. ; Isa, S. ; Ishikawa, K. ; Ohhama, K. ; Suzuki, H.
- Daily Hemodialysis Improves Uremia-Associated Clinical Parameters in the Short Term
Kojima, E. ; Hoshi, H. ; Watanabe, Y. ; Takenaka, T. ; Suzuki, H.
- Development of a Nanotechnology-Based Dialysis Device
Kanno, Y. ; Miki, N.
- Author Index
- Subject Index