This series, sponsored by the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies, has already become a classic. In general, one volume is published per year. The Advances section presents fields of neurosurgery and related areas in which important recent progress has been made. The Technical Standards section features detailed descript of standard procedures to assist young neurosurgeons in their post-graduate training. The contributions are written by experienced clinicians and are reviewed by all members of the Editorial Board.
"The series should be required reading for all neurosurgeons in training and a core part of every neurosurgical departmental library."
British Journal of Neurosurgery
Table of Contents
- Advances: Neurobiology of Epileptogenesis in the Temporal Lobe (L. Jutila/A. Immonen/K. Partanen/J. Partanen/E. Mervaala/A. Ylinen/I. Alafuzoff/L. Paljärvi/K. Karkola/M. Vapalahti/A. Pitkänen);
- Diffuse Axonal Injury after Head Trauma. A Review (J. Sahuquillo/M. A. Poca);
- Multi-Modal Monitoring of Acute Brain Injury (R. Kett-White/P. J. Hutchinson/M. Czosnyka/S. Boniface/J. D. Pickard/P. J. Kirkpatrick).-
- Technical Standards: Endoscopic Endonasal Transsphenoidal Surgery (E. de Divitiis/P. Cappabianca);
- Extracranial Vertebral Artery Anatomy and Surgery (B. George);
- Neurosurgical Management of Pineal Tumours (Y. Sawamura/N. de Tribolet)