This series, sponsored by the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies, has already become a classic. In general, one volume is published per year. The Advances section presents fields of neurosurgery and related areas in which important recent progress has been made. The Technical Standards section features detailed descriptions of standard procedures to assist young neurosurgeons in their post-graduate training. The contributions are written by experienced clinicians and are reviewed by all members of the Editorial Board.
"... In summary, this volume of advances and technical standard in neurosurgery continues to fulfill the spirit of this attractive series of books by conveying the reader a focused information on the current advances in the neurosurgical field and, at the same time, a continuous reconsideration of the theoretical and technical armamentarium of the neurosurgical discipline ..."
Child's Nervous System 23/2007
"... The Advances and Technical Standards series continues to be of a high standard and should be on every neurosurgical library shelf."
Zentralblatt für Neurochirurgie 3/2007
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Gene technology based therapies, T Wirth, S Yla-Herttuala
- Technical Standards
- Anatomy of the orbit and its surgical approach, C Hayek, Ph Mercier, HD Fournier
- Neurosurgical concepts and approaches for orbital tumors, JC Marchal, T Civit
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the treatment of hydrocephalus in paediatric patients, C di Rocco, G Cinalli, L Massimi, P. Spennato, E. Cianciulli, G Tamburrini
- Minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of failed back surgery syndrome, P. Mavrocordatos, A Cahana
- Surgical anatomy of calvarial skin and bones with particular reference to neurosurgical approaches, HD Fournier, V Delliere, JB Gourraud, Ph Mercier