Lesson 1: Retroperitoneum, Sagittal Plane
Lesson 2: Retroperitoneum, Transverse Plane
Lesson 3: Porta hepatis, Gallbladder, Biliary Tract
Lesson 4: Liver
Lesson 5: Kidneys, Adrenal Glands, Renal Transplants, Spleen
Lesson 6: Thyroid Gland, Lymph Nodes, Gastrointestinal Tract
Lesson 7: Bladder and Reproductive Organs
Lesson 8: FAST, eFAST, Lung
Lesson 9: Pediatrics
Step by Step to Proficiency in Diagnostic Ultrasound
This workbook is divided into lessons that guide you—like an instructor in an ultrasound course—systematically through the individual organ systems and body regions.
- Special multiple-exposure photos demonstrate the dynamics of handling the transducer
- Triplet-image units vividly illustrate transducer positioning, the ultrasound image, and relevant anatomy
- Reference numbers on the accompanying diagrams help you to both actively develop your knowledge and to test it at any time. The legend located on the back cover flap is the key to the reference numbers that are used consistently in each diagram.
- Quiz images at the end of each chapter are the perfect tool for rigorous self-evaluation
- Physical fundamentals are presented in vibrant, illustrative diagrams
- Numerous practical tips and tricks make it easy to familiarize yourself with ultrasound
- A primer on ultrasound interpretation explains specialized terminology concisely and clearly
- Precise descriptions of algorithms for transducer positioning facilitate real-time examinations
Videos (online access) showing relevant ultrasound anatomy, optimal transducer positioning, and the images you will see on the monitor during examination let you experience the content live—a perfect complement to the book that will greatly improve your retention of the material.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.