Invaluable for all members of the stroke team, this expertly written book compiles the full range of diagnostic and interventional therapeutic techniques for acute stroke now in use in modern clinical settings throughout the world. From advanced neuroimaging studies to state-of-the art endovascular therapies, it covers the materials, instruments, devices, procedures, and strategies that lead to optimal results, and most benefit the patient, during this time-critical event.
- An interdisciplinary approach
- Provides detailed how-to descriptions of all endovascular stroke treatment techniques, periprocedural monitoring, and instrumentation, with a focus on implementing these methods in everyday practice
- Logically organized in didactically structured chapters on diagnosis and treatment, with sections on acute ischemic stroke, acute venous occlusions, and supra-aortic extra- and intracranial stenoses, including their etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms, imaging studies, and recommended therapies for each condition
- Written by a team of renowned international specialists, who provide advice, recommendations, and practical guidelines in every chapter
- Discusses the stents, retrievers, filters, and balloon systems in use today
- Includes nearly 300 key images taken with the latest generation of imaging equipment
- Shares helpful clinical insights in sidebar notes, cautions, tips and advice, possible complications, sources of error, and useful chapter summaries/conclusions
For all neuroradiologists, radiologists, neurosurgeons, and neurologists who need concise, clinically relevant information on front-line interventional techniques for stroke treatment and prevention, this book is essential. It reviews all current methods, rates their efficacies, and makes progress toward a uniformity of protocols that can be applied in all practices managing stroke patients.