An authoritative compilation of key reagents used for organic synthesis
- A selection of essential reagents which are of practical use to the organic chemist
- Exemplary transformations illustrating the usefulness of each reagent and highlighting its potential for application in organic synthesis
- Important experimental procedures provided in full giving the chemist a head start in the laboratory
- A list of known applications for each reagent illustrating the scope and breadth of its reactivity
- Reagents handpicked and edited by experts
- Print and online editions are part of and fully integrated with Science of Synthesis
Science of Synthesis comprises a collection of selected and evaluated methods in organic synthesis. The SOS Reagents volumes (part of the Science of Synthesis Reference Library) are designed to complement the main reference work by providing useful information about specific reagents used by practising organic chemists in contemporary organic synthesis.
Each reagent entry gives property and use information relating to the reagent itself and also includes exemplary transformations and detailed experimental procedures as well as key citations. The organic chemist therefore has quick, easy and convenient access to relevant information on reagents in organic synthesis.
The two volumes scheduled to be published in 2010 (SOS Reagents: Oxidation and SOS Reagents: Reduction) are focusing on the most important and frequently used reagents for the oxidation and reduction of organic compounds. These volumes provide an interesting insight into the use and application of oxidizing and reducing reagents in organic synthesis today.