PET-CT: Comprehensive – Up-To-Date – Practice-Oriented!
You hold in your hands the comprehensive work on the subject of PET-CT. An interdisciplinary team of experts in radiology and nuclear medicine provides a fascinating look at how these two imaging modalities are combined into one system. This is the most modern image-fusion technology in clinical use, combining the high-resolution anatomical images of multislice spiral CT with the specific and sensitive molecular images of PET in one examination. This book is an essential workplace reference that can be quickly consulted for the comparison of images. It is also an excellent preparation tool for board examinations and a comprehensive information source for all those wishing to learn more about PET-CT imaging.
This book gives you:
- the latest expert knowledge from radiology and nuclear medicine in one volume
- key concepts arranged in sidebars or structured tables
- a detailed summary at the end of each chapter
- over 620 vivid illustrations, almost 400 of them in color
- systematic, practice-oriented content: recommended imaging protocols for specific indications, combined image interpretation, pitfalls, PET-CT for radiotherapy planning, etc.
- primary emphasis on tumor imaging, with additional chapters on the imaging of inflammatory, cardiovascular, and neurodegenerative diseases
- a comprehensive glossary and list of abbreviations
Everything in one examination: PET-CT — a powerful pair.
1 Basic Principles
2 Imaging of Neoplastic Diseases
3 Inflammatory Diseases
4 Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Diseases
5 Neurodegenerative Diseases
6 Developments and Outlook