This surgical textbook presents the established standard procedures from all
areas of ENT and head & neck surgery that are important during training
and in the daily surgical practice. The different surgical techniques are described
and clearly illustrated in a step-by-step format. Preparation and follow-up
of surgery plus detailed information on risks and complications are also included.
Both those starting out and the more experienced surgeons will find this book
indispensible companion during training and in daily practice.
- Up-to-date techniques, instruments and methods, including recent developments
in ear surgery, plastic-reconstructive techniques, and a chapter on thyroid
- For each surgical problem, at least one proven, established surgical solution is offered
- Consistently applied structure and layout: surgical principle, (contra-)indications, consenting, special instruments, surgical planning, anesthesia, surgical technique, postoperative care
- Over 900 illustrations, mainly two-color line drawings
- Boxed coverage of rules, tips & tricks, risks and complications
The book is the all-round provider for all questions on standard procedures in ENT and head & neck surgery.
1 General Preparations for Surgery; 2 Local anaesthesia; 3 General anaesthesia for ENT operations; 4 Postoperative management; 5 Reconstructive plastic surgery of the face; 6 Nasal Operations; 7 Surgery of the paranasal sinuses and their adjacent structures; 8 Surgery of the Epipharynx; 9 Surgery of the oral cavity and oropharynx; 11 Surgery of the External Neck; 12 Surgery of the Esophagus and Mediastinum; 13 Surgery of the Salivary Glands; 14 Surgery of the Ear; 15 Surgery of the Auricle and Ear Canal; 16 Surgery of the Bony Ear Canal and Tympanic Membrane; 17 Surgical Approaches, Harvesting Grafts, and Implants; 18 Tympanoplasty; 19 Surgery of the Mastoid Process; 20 Surgery of the Middle Ear and Facial Nerve after Trauma; 21 Stapes Surgery; 22 Surgical Treatment of Vertigo; 23 Surgical Implantation of Hearing Aids