The Audiogram Workbook - the first guide to provide comprehensive practice
in the administration of audiograms - lets the student work through more than
100 clinical cases covering a full range of audiologic disorders. Each exercise
is structured to allow the student to write in his or her own clinical evaluation
based on presenting symptoms and audiometric test results - and then compare
the results to the examiner's real case summary.
Special features of this unique text:
- 135 cases for practical assessment and professional development--the largest collection ever compiled for a study guide!
- A comprehensive listing of unusual patient conditions and how to adapt to them
- A medical chart format throughout the book - providing the practice needed in working with standard notations
THE AUDIOGRAM WORKBOOK is a valuable source of concentrated practice and review of audiometric test interpretation, essential for those who wish to expand their skills.
Table of contents
1. Foundations for Accurate Assessment
2. Clinician-Patient Interaction
3. Preparation for Testing
4. Basic Test Instructions
5. Patient Conditions and Circumstances Requiring Procedure Modifications
6. Reporting Test Results
7. Audiogram Section
-Sensori-Neural Hearing Loss
-Conductive Hearing Loss
-Mixed Hearing Loss
-Nonorganic Hearing Loss
8. Glossary of Commonly Used Medical Abbreviations