Sparks and Taylor’s Nursing Diagnosis Pocket Guide, 4th Edition, delivers quick access to clearly written, comprehensive nursing diagnosis information covering the entire lifespan to boost students’ clinical confidence and help them meet patients healthcare needs. This updated edition features 17 new diagnoses from the latest NANDA-I definitions and classifications and is organized alphabetically to help students find the information they need with ease.
A unique assessment framework based on the NNN Taxonomy of Nursing Practice: A Common Unifying Structure for Nursing Language (Dochterman & Jones, 2003) and the intervention terms from the International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP, Version 1, International Council of Nurses, 2005) provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use format that can be used to write plans of care, and a consistent, full-color design ensures fast, efficient access to must-have information in any setting.
- UPDATED!2018-2020 NANDA-I diagnosis and standards, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) labels incorporated throughout ensure clinical confidence and the most effective care plans.
- NEW! 17 new diagnoses keep students up to date with the latest clinical approaches in nursing practice.
- UPDATED! Alphabetical diagnoses organization makes it easier than ever to find the information students need in an instant.
- Compact, portable format puts essential information within students’ grasp in any clinical setting.
- Color-coded care plans help students quickly navigate the full spectrum of nursing care.
- A unique assessment framework simplifies the writing of care plans with a comprehensive, easy-to-use template.
- Three Appendices — Assessment Parameters, Taxonomy of Nursing Practice and Action Intervention Types — make frequently referenced information instantly available.