Part of the popular Biopsy Interpretation Series, Biopsy Interpretation of the Lung, Second Edition, is a concise, practical resource with a strong focus on diagnosis and management-oriented ancillary testing. It provides superbly illustrated coverage of the full range of neoplasms and non-neoplastic entities arising within the lung. Focusing on the daily tasks and needs of the general pathologist, this updated Second Edition is an excellent bench reference for the interpretation of the most common lung biopsies and is also a helpful resource for surgical pathologists, pathology residents, pathology fellows, pulmonologists, pulmonology fellows, and thoracic surgeons.
- Addresses both common and unusual issues that arise in the day-to-day interpretation of lung biopsies, providing a solid approach to formulating surgical and medical decisions.
- Includes detailed chapters on interstitial lung disease, lung cancer, and neuroendocrine tumors.
- Covers the major clinical aspects of the various disease processes, plus histopathologic features and use of ancillary diagnostic techniques such as special stains, immunohistochemistry, electron microscopy, and molecular pathology.
- Discusses indications for different types of biopsies for various lesions, such as endoscopic vs. core needle vs. open/wedge biopsy.
- Brings you up to date with recent changes in terminology, diagnostic criteria and the development of newer molecular techniques that have changed the practice of pulmonary pathology.
- Features hundreds of new references, more than 500 color photomicrographs, and numerous tables that categorize lesions and present diagnostic criteria in a simple format.
- Provides eBook access to 200 additional images and a multiple-choice test bank that is ideal for board exam preparation.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.