Now in a portable pocket-sized format packed with high-yield information, updates, and revisions that reflect the current practice of surgery, NMS Surgery, Seventh Edition, is an ideal guide for effective study and review. The new edition retains the elements that have made it a dependable, go-to resource for a generation of medical students and a quick review resource for practitioners preparing for recertification.
Featuring new study aids, full color illustrations, concise, high-yield coverage, and USMLE-format questions, the new edition helps students successfully complete their clerkship and prepare for the shelf/end-of-rotation exam. In addition, this valuable resource is packaged with access to the interactive eBook version with an online quiz bank at no additional cost.
- NEW! Compact and portable—now easily fits into a lab coat for quick, high-yield review.
- NEW! A more standardized outline format allows for easier navigation from chapter to chapter when reviewing for the rotation shelf exam.
- NEW! Trusted Sources boxes direct students to the best, most trusted resources for surgical guidelines they must be aware of but that are non-essential for rotation review.
- New! A Cut to Casebook Feature provides handy cross-referencing to cases in the NMS Casebook, Third Edition.
- REVISED!More meticulouslyintegratedhigh-yield features include Chapter Cuts (approach to disease), Quick Cuts (pearls) and Grade “A” Cuts (associations) that facilitate different levels of topic review.
- REVISED! Chapter Cuts and Caveats that call out the chapter’s most important principals now begin each chapter rather than each section, making vital information more immediately accessible.
- REVISED Highly visual Grade “A” Cuts now begin each chapter and have been expanded to include additional associations and important sequences.
- REVISED! Quick Cuts for each outline topic are now consolidated into a box to improve text flow and better serve as a quick refresher of the topic.
- Higher quality, full color radiographic images better illustrate the conditions discussed.
- Review questions essential for rotation exam review facilitate self-assessment and improve retention.
- Interactive, fully searchable eBook included with the book includes a student quiz bank for self-assessment, as well as 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.