The perfect complement to Nursing Research: Generating and Assessing Evidence for Nursing Practice, 11th Edition, this knowledge-building Resource Manual strengthens students’ understanding of concepts from the textbook and enhances their ability to confidently appraise and critique research studies. With an emphasis on careful reading and critical appraisal of actual studies, systematic learning exercises reinforce the acquisition of basic research skills fundamental to designing and planning one’s own study. The Resource Manual appendices cover a range of nursing research endeavors, including critical appraisals of two research reports, two grant applications, and thirteen full research reports encompassing qualitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods studies, an instrument development study, and an evidence-based practice project report.
The Resource Manual is accompanied by the invaluable online Toolkit, a must-have, timesaving innovation for students and seasoned researchers. Refined and easily adaptable research tools, available as editable Word files, address a broad range of research situations and can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Crossword Puzzles provide an entertaining and challenging review of key terms and concepts.
- Study Questions encourage critical thinking and reinforce the most relevant content from each textbook chapter.
- Application Exercises hone students’ ability to read, comprehend and critique nursing studies most effectively.
- Full research reports in the robust appendices cover a wide range of endeavors.
- TheToolkit delivers fast online access to dozens of timesaving, adaptable resources that can be downloaded and customized to meet your specific needs.