Recent rapid changes in the field of multiple sclerosis management have made the task of staying well-informed a challenge for neurologists, and even more so for other healthcare practitioners who are involved in symptom evaluation and treatment. Multiple Sclerosis for the Non-Neurologist is an up-to-date resource for physicians, residents, fellows, and others who care for patients with MS. It contains authoritative information on all aspects of this complex disease, including monitoring requirements for patients with MS, potential risks and adverse events of disease modifying or symptomatic therapies, and possible drug interactions and contraindications of medications.
- Contains up-to-date guidance for heathcare providers in any field who are likely to encounter problems associated with MS, including internal medicine, emergency medicine, urology, ophthalmology, dermatology, podiatry, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, and more.
- Presents expert, multidisciplinary views and experience from prominent specialists on everything from public health issues associated with the disease; to MRI findings in MS; to issues encountered in surgery and pain management, dental care, and identification of services for patients and their families.
- Covers visual dysfunction, obesity and MS, bladder in the MS patient, cognitive function and mood disorders, MS in adolescents and children, exercise prescription, comprehensive care and nursing, palliative care, and much more.
- Outlines the epidemiology and pathophysiology, diagnosis and differential diagnosis, and basic immunology of MS.
- Facilitates optimal comprehensive care for patients and their families, helping those with MS live longer, more active lives.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.