Concise yet comprehensive, this practical guide to the diagnosis and ablation of cardiac arrhythmias in the electrophysiology laboratory is an indispensable resource for electrophysiologists and general cardiologists. It contains an extensive, unmatched collection of intracardiac recordings, fluoroscopic and ICE images, and 3D color-coded electroanatomic maps (EAMs), making it the premier electrophysiology reference for gaining a better understanding of cardiac arrhythmias. Each chapter focuses on a specific arrhythmia and presents a systematic discussion of diagnostic and ablation criteria, followed by an atlas of electrophysiologic recordings. These illustrations demonstrate all key aspects of the arrhythmia: electrophysiologic features, mode of induction and termination, response to diagnostic pacing maneuvers, classic presentations, unusual manifestations, mapping techniques, and target site criteria for ablation.
- Significantly updated throughout with revised text and references, a new full-color format, as well as an increased number of high-quality illustrations that give a more complete understanding of each arrhythmia.
- Four new chapters covering Intracardiac Echocardiography, Transeptal Catheterization, Long RP Tachycardias, and Unusual Electrophysiologic Phenomena keep you up to date with new and fascinating areas in the field.
- Extensive use of ICE provides a clear understanding of the location of specific cardiac structures responsible for arrhythmias.
- 12-lead EKG are correlated with corresponding intra-cardiac recordings; intra-cardiac recordings are correlated with corresponding EAMS; and each EAM is coupled with corresponding fluoroscopy, intracardiac echocardiography, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging.
- Each high-quality figure is systematically formatted and annotated to provide a rich collection of detailed tracings.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.