Navigating Nystagmus with Your Doctor is the first comprehensive book written for the patient and those who care for them. It has been carefully and clearly written to help all readers understand:
• The many forms of nystagmus
• What causes nystagmus
• How to get an accurate diagnosis
• How nystagmus affects daily vision
• What various treatments are available, including optical aids, vision therapy, drugs, and a review of the recently developed tenotomy procedure
• How to plan for surgery, before and after the big day
This easy-to-read guide has been reviewed and endorsed by top experts in the field of low-vision care and eye-movement disorders, including Richard W. Hertle, M.D. and Louis F. Dell'Osso, Ph.D. Also includes references for further study and an extensive glossary and index.