This unique book provides detailed insight into a wealth of expert experience in liver pathology, with an in-depth review of the expert's analysis and diagnostic process supported by high-quality color photomicrographs and discussion of the diagnostic principles involved in evaluating these lesions. The diagnostic problems and cases selected show the wide range of specimens seen in liver pathology and address the difficult issues in diagnosis encountered in these lesions. Chapters and cases are authored by many of the leading experts and educators in liver pathology today.
Liver Pathology will be essential reading for every pathologist who evaluates liver pathology specimens. In addition it will be a valuable resource for pathology residents and fellows.
All Consultant Pathology Titles Provide:
- Actual consultation cases and expert analysis
- Expert analysis provides a detailed discussion of the reasoning behind the diagnosis of each case
- Comprehensive coverage of challenging diagnoses
- The cases are richly illustrated with high-quality photomicrographs
1. Acute Hepatitis, 2. Fulminant Hepatitis, 3. Autoimmune Hepatitis/Overlap Syndromes, 4. Fatty Liver Disease, 5 .Granulomatous Hepatitis, 6. Cholestasis, 7. Bile Duct Damage and Ductopenia, 8. Ductal Plate Malformation, 9. Hereditary Hyperbilirubinemia, 10. Neonatal Cholestatic Liver Disease, 11. Sinusoidal dilatation and congestion, 12 Peliosis, 13. Portal Hypertension without Cirrhosis, 14. Clinical and Morphological Spectrum of Liver Diseases in Pregnancy, 15. Drug-induced Liver Injury, 16. Cytoplasmic Globules, 17. Glycogenic Abnormalities on Liver Biopsy, 18. Macrophage Infiltrate, 19. Approach to Liver Biopsy with Minimal or Nonspecific Histologic Findings, 20. Interpreting Iron in Liver Specimens, 21 Wilson Disease, 22. Liver Transplant Pathology, 23. Benign Hepatocellular Lesions, 24. Biliary Neoplasms, 25. Hepatocellular Carcinoma, 26. Hepatocellular Carcinoma Variants, 27. Metastatic Tumors: Illustrations of Immunohistochemical Work-up, 28. Hepatoblastoma, 29. Hemangiomatosis, 30. Hematopoietic Tumors of the Liver, 31 . Other Infiltrative Neoplasms of Liver, 32. Mesenchymal Tumors of the Liver, Appendix: Adequacy of needle biopsy, Grading and staging of chronic hepatitis, Special stains in liver biopsy pathology.