Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance at a highly-affordable price on subjects that medical students, foundation doctors and a range of other practitioners need help with ‘on the go’.
The highly-structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the fear factor associated with day-to-day clinical training, and provides a handy reference that students and junior doctors can carry with them at all times.
Pocket Tutor Paediatric Clinical Examination is an indispensable guide to the examination of children, a challenging part of clinical practice for medical students and junior doctors as it involves dealing with newborn babies through to teenagers (often also the child’s parents or guardians) and requires different communication skills and knowledge.
- Concise, accessible writing style and numerous colour photographs combine to produce a highly practical guide to the subject
- Logical, sequential content: introductory chapters on the principles of paediatric history taking and examination, then chapters devoted to each body system and a closing chapter on clinical procedures.
Changes to second edition:
- Extensively revised and updated throughout
- New chapter dedicated to abnormal behaviour
- 80 new clinical images, including 50 brand new examination photos
Kier Shiels MA MB BChir MRCPCH MAcadMEd
Specialty Registrar in Paediatrics, Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust, London, UK
Rossa Brugha BMBCh MA(Oxon) MRCPCH PhD
Academic Clinical Lecturer, Imperial College London, London, UK