Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance at a highly-affordable price on subjects that medical students, foundation doctors and a range of other practitioners need help with ‘on the go’.
The highly-structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the fear factor associated with day-to-day clinical training, and provides a handy reference that students and junior doctors can carry with them at all times.
Pocket Tutor Surface Anatomy is an indispensable guide to a subject that is increasingly important on today’s medical courses and a crucial preamble to the study of clinical skills and procedures, indeed to the study of all medicine and surgery.
- Logical, sequential content: introduction to the principles of living anatomy, then chapters devoted to individual regions, with each sub-region illustrated by specially commissioned photographs featuring ghosted underlying structures
- Each region (e.g. Upper Limb) described in a consistent manner: Introduction & Core Features which focuses on Arteries & Veins, Nerves & Dermatomes and Core Landmarks; then for each subregion (e.g. Shoulder & Arm) Bones Joints & Ligaments, Muscles Tendons & Regions, and Neurovascular & Lymph
- Previous edition (9781907816178) published 2012.
Changes to second edition:
- New chapter on paediatric surface anatomy highlights the anatomical differences in children and how they vary during development
- 15+ new and improved radiological images match surface markings to underlying structures
- More sites of nerve injury, surgical incision lines and normal/pathological variation added to surface anatomy photos correlate anatomical landmarks to clinical practice
- Chapters reordered from head to toe to provide a more logical and accessible ordering of content
Richard Tunstall BMedSci (Hons) PhD FHEA
Head of Clinical Anatomy and Imaging, MBChB Admissions Lead, Warwick Medical School, Director of Clinical Anatomy, West Midlands Surgical Training Centre, UHCW Hospital, Coventry, UK
Ali Mirjalili MD PhD PGDipSurgAnat PGCertCPU PGDipSci
Senior Lecturer, Anatomy and Medical Imaging Department, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand