EFOST Surgical Techniques in Sports Medicine – Shoulder Surgery Vol. 2: Rotator Cuff and Shoulder Arthroplastyprovides orthopaedic surgeons with a collection of step by step surgical techniques for correcting shoulder injuries commonly encountered in sports and orthopaedic trauma.
Each chapter explains how to perform a single surgical procedure in its entirety, from diagnosis, preparation, surgical technique to closure and rehabilitation, while also detailing pre and post-operative complications and how best to avoid them. The practical, easy to use format makes this book an invaluable resource for all surgeons involved with treatingorthopaedic and sports trauma injuries of the shoulder.
- EFOST – easy to reference surgical techniques written in a simple stepwise format
- Easy to follow ‘cook book’ chapter style
- Easy to navigate content allows rapid review of techniques
- Large number of high quality colour photographs
- Written by highly experienced orthopaedic and sports trauma surgeons
Pericles Papadopoulos MD
Associate Professor in Orthopaedics, Chief Division of Sports Medicine, Director, Shoulder Service, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Achilleas Boutsiadis MD
424 Military Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Howard Cottam BSc(Hons) MBBS MSc FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Consultant Upper Limb Surgeon, Medway Maritime Hospital, Gillingham, UK
1. Arthroscopic acromioplasty 2. Arthroscopic excision of the lateral end of the clavicle 3. Arthroscopic long head biceps tendon tenodesis 4. Open sub-pectoral long head biceps tendon tenodesis 5. Arthroscopic in-situ repair of pasta lesions 6. Arthroscopic repair of subscapularis tears 7. Single-row rotator cuff repair 8. Double row rotator cuff repair 9. Massive rotator cuff tears-repair 10. Latissimus dorsi transfer for irreparable massive rotator cuff tear - mini open technique 11. Latissimus dorsi transfer for irreparable massive rotator cuff tear - arthroscopic assisted technique 12. Arthroscopic suprascapular nerve release 13. Arthroscopic treatment of calcifying tendinitis 14. Open repair of pectoralis major rupture 15. Subacromial inspace balloon interposition for massive rotator cuff tears 16. Arthroscopic allograft augmentation of rotator cuff repairs. 17. Arthroscopic Management of glenohumeral arthritis 18. Shoulder surface arthroplasty for arthritis 19. Shoulder stemless arthroplasty for arthritis 20. Anatomic total shoulderarthroplasty 21. Cementless reverse shoulder arthroplasty- deltopectoral approach 22. Cementless reverse shoulder arthroplasty- superior approach approach 23. Reverse shoulder arthroplasty with glenosphere lateralization 24. Reverse shoulder arthroplasty for comminuted shoulder fractures 25. Patient specific instrumentation for shoulderarthroplasty 26. Hemiarthroplasty for shoulder fractures 27. Reverse shoulder arthroplasty and latissimus dorsi transfer 28. Metal backed anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty