EFOST Surgical Techniques in Sports Medicine – Foot and Ankle Surgery
provides orthopaedic surgeons with a collection of step by step surgical techniques
for correcting foot and ankle injuries commonly encountered in sports and orthopaedic
Each chapter explains how to perform a single surgical procedure in its entirety, from diagnosis, preparation, surgical technique to closure and rehabilitation, while also detailing pre and post-operative complications and how best to avoid them.
The practical, easy to use format makes this book an invaluable resource for all surgeons involved with treating orthopaedic and sports trauma injuries of the foot and ankle.
• EFOST – easy to reference surgical techniques written in a simple stepwise format
• Easy to follow ‘cook book’ chapter style
• Easy to navigate content allows rapid review of techniques
• Large number of high quality colour photographs
• Written by highly experienced orthopaedic and sports trauma surgeons
• Modified Broström procedure for lateral ligament reconstruction • Lateral ligament reconstruction with fibular periosteal flap in chronic ankle instability • Lateral ligament stabilization of the ankle: the Williams procedure • Anatomical deltoid ligament repair • Spring ligament reconstruction – surgical technique • Open reduction and internal fixation of lateral malleolar fractures • Open reduction and internal fixation of medial malleolar fractures • The treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talus using ‘one-step’ bone marrow-derived cell transplantation • Arthroscopic treatment of osteochondral lesion of the talus • Subtalar joint arthrodesis • Endoscopic and open calcaneoplasty • Endoscopic treatment of os trigonum • Accessory navicular bone excision • Open plantar excision of Morton’s neuroma • Minimally invasive surgery of hallux valgus • Surgical treatment for osteochondrosis of the second metatarsal head (Freiberg disease or Koelher II disease) • Endoscopic Achilles tenolysis • Achilles tendon subcutaneous rupture repair with mini open technique • Treatment of calcific insertional achilles tendonitis • Treatment for chronic mid-portion Achilles tendinopathy; the soleus transfer technique • Retinaculum repair for recurrent peroneal tendon subluxation • Surgical treatment of peroneal tendon lesions • Posterior tibialis tendon reconstruction • Management of posterior tibialis tendon dislocation • Surgical release of plantar fasciitis • Surgical release of the superficial peroneal nerve
Gian Luigi Canata MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Director, Centre of Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopic Surgery, Koelliker Hospital, Turin
Lee Parker BM MRCS (Eng) FRCS(Tr&Orth)
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Surgeon, The Royal London Hospital, London, UK