Claim Your Inner Business Owner
Designing Your Business
Business Plans, Demystified
Bookkeeping & Deductions & Taxes
Working For Others
Financing (using other people’s money)
A practical and easily accessible guide to the setting up and running of a private practice in order to make it into a successful business. The book is for all those who are primarily interested in being good therapists but who decide to work as private practitioners, including massage therapists and all other complementary therapists.
Kelly Bowers has been fascinated by what she calls “accidental business owners”. These are people doing work they love – massage therapy, yoga, personal training, etc. – who find they also have to be competent at business. As a professional writer and massage therapist living in Durham NC she empathizes with that challenge (and reluctance). Her background as a technical writer helps her explain complicated business concepts in the language of these accidental business owners.
She is an adjunct faculty member at the Potomac Massage Training Institute in Silver Spring, MD where she taught business practices and other classes. She writes a weekly blog on the business of massage, Have Hands, Will Travel (www.tumblr.com/blog/havehandswilltravel). As the CEO of The Healing Core, she teaches basic business courses around the country.
Her previous books include:
· Can I Deduct That: 100 Things You Can (or maybe can’t) Take As Business Deductions
· Before You Leap: 6 Secrets to Making Your Passion a Real Business
· Like A Local, Brisbane (an Amazon ebook best-seller)
· Airbnb Your Life: Guest Edition
· Explain Yourself: The Nitty Gritty Guide to Relationship Communication
· The Traveler: Spiritual Being, Human Experience (co-authored with Ben Risby-Jones)
Kelly has been a professional writer since 1983 and a licensed massage therapist since 2000. Her passions include reading, writing, travel, and long aimless rambles in the woods.