This uniquely comprehensive work provides a pictorial guide to the whole spectrum of diseases and disorders of the respiratory tract in children. It covers the ear nose and throat, upper and lower airways, and encompasses not only the many conditions that are commonly encountered, but also those that are rarer or more difficult to recognise and diagnose. These include the increasingly important areas of sleep disorders, where patient assessment may present a challenge. Designed to aid the clinician in making a rapid and accurate diagnosis, this Atlas will be of interest to paediatricians, respiratory physicians, and ENT specialists.
- Covers the whole of the respiratory tract, and includes a special section on sleep disorders - Encompasses both common and rare disorders - Includes hard-to-diagnose conditions
A Bush, Department of Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK; J Davies, Department of Gene Therapy, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London, UK.
Paediatricians * Specialists in respiratory medicine * Doctors in training
1. Asthma - diagnosis and assessment, I Balfour-Lynn
2. Diseases of the upper airway, J Harcourt
3. Sleep-disordered breathing in children, AM Li
4. Lower respiratory tract infection in the normal host, JT Forton, AH Thomson
5. Tuberculosis, SB Carr
6. Cystic fibrosis, J Davies
7. Non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis, MA Chilvers, F Dickinson, C O’Callaghan
8. Reflux and aspiration, R Suri, I Narang
9. The immunodeficient child, AR Gennery, DA Spencer