Lee Cutler,RN,BSc,MA Ed, Consultant Nurse, Critical care and Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Sheffield; Judith Cutler, RN,BA,MSc,Clinical Nurse Educator,Dept of Critical Care, Doncaster & Bassetlaw
This handy reference is perfect for nurses entering or needing a refresher in critical care nursing. The book presents the latest information on more 100 critical care disorders in the award-winning Incredibly Easy! style, with light-hearted humour, memory joggers, recurring icons to emphasize key points, and numerous quick-scan tables, illustrations, and flow charts.
The Review of Adult Critical Care Nursing concluded that every critically ill patient should have skilled critical care nursing available, either to care directly for them or to advise on the care required to meet their needs. As a result, pre-registration curricula have been revised to ensure all nurses are exposed to critical care environments, and are competent in critical care skills.
The systems-based approach matches the UK nursing curriculum, and stresses the team-based approach to critical care.
• Collaborative management opportunities are introduced, identifying appropriate involvement of other health care team members
• Weighing the evidence – highlights research that guides practice
• Take charge! – focuses of potentially lethal situations and what to do when they occur
• Senior moments – identifies areas where older age could impact patient care
• Advice from the experts – tips for nurses and key troubleshooting techniques
• Memory joggers to aid learning
• Numerous quick-scan tables, illustrations, and flow charts focus on key information
• Quick quiz at the end of each chapter
• The latest information on more than 100 critical care disorders
1: Critical Care Basics
2: Holistic Care Issues
3: Neurologic System
4: Cardiovascular System
5: Respiratory System
6: Gastrointestinal System
7: Renal System
8: Endocrine System
9: Haematologic and Immune Systems
10: Multisystem Issues
Web Resources for Critical Care Nursing