The new edition of The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics offers the most current diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to pediatric clinical problems. This practical pocket-size guide provides succinct, easily accessible, and evidence-based answers for the diagnosis and management of pediatric patients, spanning primary to quaternary care.
Designed to be the essential pediatric reference for use in any health care setting, the 11th edition provides practical, algorithmic, and system-based approaches to a wide range of pediatric scenarios. Written by residents, physicians, and specialists from one of the world’s top pediatric health care centers, this unique pediatric reference is used by medical students, residents, practicing pediatricians, family physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary practitioners.
Users will also receive complimentary online access to the full contents of the book, allowing them to fully search key information.
- A convenient, pocket-sized design allows for quick reference
- Provides the most up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to pediatric clinical problems using evidence-based guidelines
- Information for urgent situations is readily accessible and comprehensive
- All important normal reference values are included throughout the Handbook for various ages and sizes of pediatric patients
- Abundant algorithms for bedside diagnoses and management of various scenarios
- Listings of key Web sites and Further Readings allow users to research important information further
New to this Edition
- Comprehensive 6-chapter Acute Care section covers key pediatric emergencies
- Up-to-date Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) algorithms
- Resuscitation drugs featured on inside back cover for easy access
- Common equations and normal vital signs featured on inside front cover for quick reference
- New and revised coverage on substance abuse, psychiatric emergencies, and acute presentation of eating disorders
- New chapters include: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology, Immunoprophylaxis, and Child Maltreatment
- Free and fully searchable online access to the full contents of the book
By The Hospital for Sick Children; Anne Dipchand, MD, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada; Jeremy Friedman; Sumit Gupta; Zia Bismilla; and Catherine Lam
Website access will be provided until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier.