This new atlas provides an illustrated guide to the investigation, diagnosis and management of connective tissue disorders. The authors begin with an overview of the general principles of assessment. The main sections of the atlas focus in turn on specific inflammatory diseases affecting the connective tissues, all supported by high quality colour photographs, diagnostic algorithms and tables.
* Accessible visual guide to all aspects of connective tissue disorders * Provides a structured explanation of the diagnostic process, illustrating signs, symptoms and investigations * Includes examples of challenging clinical scenarios to highlight the complexities of diagnosis and differential diagnosis
C Gordon, Consultant in Rheumatology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK. WL Gross, Department of Rheumatology, University of Lübeck & Clinic for Rheumatology, Lübeck, Germany.
Rheumatologists * General physicians * Hospital pharmacists * Doctors in training
1. General approach to the assessment of patients with a suspected connective
tissue disorder, A Herrick
2. Systemic lupus erythematosus, C Gordon, I Meryon, W Gross, F Moosig
3. Sjogren’s syndrome, C Gordon, I Meryon, W Gross, F Moosig
4. Anti-phospholipid syndrome, C Gordon, I Meryon, W Gross, F Moosig
5. Idiopathic inflammatory myopathies, C Gordon, I Meryon, W Gross, F Moosig
6. Systemic sclerosis, D Furst, P Clements
7. The primary systemic vasculitides, W Gross, F Moosig