No topic in Interventional Cardiovascular Medicine where the disconnect between the existing evidence and patient-centered decision making is more relevant than in the interventional treatment of coronary bifurcation lesions
The goal of this book is to present the reader with a patient-centered approach to technical decision-making in the interventional treatment of coronary bifurcation lesions
The first section of the book is devoted to the fundamentals of decision-making with regard to interpretation of the existing evidence and understanding the role of bifurcation anatomy in impacting technique choice and outcomes.
The subsequent chapters are devoted to technical decision-making with regard to tailoring technical approaches to bifurcation anatomy for patients with left main and non-left main coronary bifurcation lesions.
A particular emphasis was placed on providing practical tips and tricks to optimize the results and deal with complications all in the context of actual case presentations.
The last section of the book is devoted to the role of in vitro bifurcation modeling and the current state of dedicated bifurcation stent systems.
- Foreword - Interventional Therapy of Coronary Bifurcation Lesions: Why another Book?
SECTION 1- CORONARY ARTERY BIFURCATION LESIONS: THE FUNDAMENTALS
- Chapter 1 - Coronary Artery bifurcation interventions: Bridging the Gap between Research and Practice Issam Moussa and Antonio Colombo
- Chapter 2. Coronary Artery bifurcation lesions: Anatomy 101 Ricardo A. Costa, Hiroyuki Kyono, Marco Costa, Mary E. Russell, and Issam Moussa
SECTION 2 - NON LEFT MAIN CORONARY ARTERY BIFURCATIONS INTERVENTIONS
- Chapter 3. Provisional Stenting for Non-Left Main Coronary Artery Bifurcation Lesions: Patient Selection and Technique Remo Albiero, Emiliano Boldi
- Chapter 4. Physiologic Guidance of Provisional Stenting in Bifurcation Lesions Michael J. Lim, Bon-Kwon Koo
- Chapter 5. Elective Double Stenting for Non-Left Main Coronary Artery Bifurcation Lesions: Patient Selection and Technique Luca Favero, Andrea Pacchioni, and Bernhard Reimers
SECTION 3 - LEFT MAIN CORONARY ARTERY BIFURCATIONS INTERVENTIONS
- Chapter 6. Coronary revascularization in patients with ULMCAD: Clinical Decision Making Issam D. Moussa, S. Chiu Wong and Ted Feldman
- Chapter 7. Provisional Stenting for Left Main Coronary Artery Bifurcation Lesions: Patient Selection and Technique Seung-Jung Park, Young-Hak Kim
- Chapter 8. Elective Double Stenting for Left Main Coronary Artery Bifurcation Lesions: Patient Selection and Technique Azeem Latib, Alaide Chieffo, Antonio Colombo
SECTION 4 - CORONARY BIFURCATION INTERVENTIONS: BENCH TESTING AND DEDICATED BIFURCATION STENTS
- Chapter 9. Bench Testing of Bifurcation Coronary Stents
- Yoshinobu Murasato
- Chapter 10. Current Status and Future of Dedicated Bifurcation Stent Systems
- Azeem Latib, Giuseppe M. Sangiorgi, and Antonio Colombo
Issam Moussa Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy, New York,NY 10032, U.S.A,
Antonio Colombo Centro Cuore Columbus, srl, Milan, Italy