Innovative and clearly presented, this book:
- includes coverage of the special needs of diabetic, elderly and female patients
- explores stenting, thrombectomy, atherectomy, and other techniques
- contains discussions of venous and arterial grafts, multivessel intervention, and aneurysmatic arteries.
An important, progressive text, all interventional cardiologists and trainees will benefit from reading Primary Angioplasty: Mechanical Interventions for Acute Myocardial Infarction.
- Section I: The Clinical Perspective 1. The Epicardial Vessel 2. The Microcirculation 3. The Myocardium 4. Electrocardiogram 5. Echocardiogram 6. Angiography 7. Diabetic Patients 8. Elderly Patients 9. Women 10. Cardiogenic Shock Due to Predominant Ventricular Failure
- Section II: The Technical Perspective 11. PTCA 12. Stenting 13. Thrombectomy 14. Atherectomy 15 Macro- and Microvascular Embolization and Protection Devices 16. Other Techniques 17. Adjunctive Pharmacology 18. Mechanical Support 19. Cardiogenic Shock 20. The Assessment of Myocardial Reperfusion in the Acute Phase 21. The Concepts of Facilitated Primary PTCA and Rescue PTCA in Perspective
- Section III: The Vessel Perspective 22. Left Anterior Descending Artery 23. Right Coronary Artery 24. Left Circumflex Artery 25. Left Main Trunk 26. Venous Graft 27. Arterial Graft 28. Multivessel Intervention 29. Aneurysmatical Arteries 30. Coronary Anomalies
- Section IV: The Logistic Perspective 31. Logic and Logistics: Conundrum in Reperfusion Strategies 32. The Impact of Logistic Performance on Outcome 33. Economic Issues
Dr Antoniucci has published more extensively on direct/primary angioplasty and stenting than anyone else worldwide.