This is a concise and quick reference guide, clinically oriented, based on experience underpinned by published research data.
The book covers anesthetic equipment, monitoring, premedication, intravenous induction agents, injectable anesthetic combinations, inhalant anesthesia, anesthesia for specific diseases, fluids, anesthetic emergencies and complications, acute and chronic pain management. Drug dosages and anesthetic protocols are provided in tabular form. The book contains a wealth of superb illustrations.
Small Animal Anesthesia and Pain Management is of value to all those who need practical information easily to hand: small animal practitioners, veterinary technicians/nurses, and veterinary students.
- Rapid access guide for study and practice
- Clinical focus underpinned by published research data
- Tables show drug dosages and anesthetic protocols
- Top-quality illustrations throughout.
Table of Contents
- Anesthetic equipment for inhalant anesthesia
- Preanesthetic premedication—drugs and dosages in dogs and cats
- Intravenous injection techniques and intravenous anesthetic agents
- Inhalant anesthetics
- Anesthesia monitoring and management
- Fluid therapy
- Anesthetic emergencies and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Airway management and ventilation
- Injectable sedative and anesthetic combinations in dogs and cats
- Anesthesia considerations for specific diseases
- Local anesthetics and techniques
- Acute pain management
- Chronic pain management for osteoarthritis and neuropathic pain in dogs and cats
- Cancer pain management
- Anesthesia in shelter medicine and high volume/high quality spay and neuter programs
- Appendix: Anesthetic dosage reference ranges in dogs and cats
Jeff Ko, DVM, MS Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists, Professor of Anesthesiology, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, IN, USA.