Part 1: Facial Nerves
Chapter 1: Overview of Facial Tissue Anatomy
Chapter 2: Facial Fat Compartments
Chapter 3: Overview: Facial Nerve Danger Zone
Chapter 4: Frontal Branch of the Facial Nerve
Chapter 5: Zygomatic and Buccal Branches
Chapter 6: Facial Danger Zones–Protecting the Marginal and Cervical Branches of the Facial Nerve
Chapter 7: Great Auricular Nerve
Chapter 8: Technical Considerations: Extended SMAS Dissection and Lateral SMASectomy
Part 2: Fillers and Neuromodulators
Chapter 9: Introduction
Chapter 10: Facial Danger Zone 1 – Glabellar Region
Chapter 11: Facial Danger Zone 2 – Temporal Region
Chapter 12: Facial Danger Zone 3 – Perioral Region
Chapter 13: Facial Danger Zone 4 – Nasolabial Region
Chapter 14: Facial Danger Zone 5 – Nasal Region
Chapter 15: Facial Danger Zone 6 – Infraorbital Region
Part 3: Energy-Based Devices
Chapter 16: Maximizing Safety with Ablative Lasers
Chapter 17: Maximizing Safety with Non-Ablative Lasers
Chapter 18: Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Combined with Jessner's Chemical Peel Safety
Chapter 19: Maximizing Safety with Radiofrequency Based Devices
Chapter 20: Maximizing Safety with Cryolipolysis
Chapter 21: Maximizing Safety with Microneedling
The definitive one-stop reference on safely navigating highly complex facial anatomy.
The primary goal of Facial Danger Zones: Staying safe with surgery, fillers and non-invasive devices is to help surgeons achieve optimal results and maximize safe outcomes for a wide array of facial cosmetic procedures. Authored by internationally renowned plastic surgeon Rod Rohrich and distinguished co-authors James Stuzin, Erez Dayan, and E. Victor Ross, this user-friendly book provides multidisciplinary insights and expert knowledge on intricate facial anatomy, navigating safe and dangerous facial zones, and the use of minimally invasive technologies.
The book is divided into three sections:
- Part one provides an overview of facial tissue anatomy and fat compartments, facial nerve danger zones, specific nerve branches, protective measures, and technical dissection considerations for safe facelift surgery.
- Part two covers fillers and neuromodulators with pearls and in-depth guidance on staying safe using six different facial danger zones.
- Part three details the safe use of energy-based devices such as ablative and non-ablative lasers, combination chemical peels, radiofrequency, and cryolipolysis.
- Superb facial nerve dissection safety tips for cosmetic procedures such as facelifts
- Facial danger zones and the prevention and consequences of injury graphically described through cadaver dissections, illustrations, and patient case photographs
- Visually-rich text describes how to safely and efficaciously administer lasers, chemical peels, noninvasive fat removal, and skin tightening devices
- More than 20 succinct videos posted online enhance understanding of various safe approaches
This remarkable resource is destined to be the trusted, go-to companion for trainee and veteran surgeons who specialize in plastic, facial plastic, dermatologic, oculoplastic, and head and neck surgery, as well as other practitioners who treat these patients.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.