About the Editor
About the Associate Editors
Foreword by Karl Stonecipher, MD
Section I: History of Ophthalmic Marketing and Perspectives
- Chapter 1: The History of Ophthalmic Marketing
- Chapter 2: LASIK Versus Presbyopic Marketing: A Perspective
- Chapter 3: Commoditization: What Happened to LASIK?
Section II: Basic Marketing Strategies
- Chapter 4: Market Research and Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
- Chapter 5: The Patient Experience
- Chapter 6: Branding Versus Call to Action
- Chapter 7: Word of Mouth: How Can We Encourage Our Patients to Refer?
- Chapter 8: Alignment of a Marketing and Sales Strategy
Section III: Tools Used in Marketing
- Chapter 9: Traditional Marketing
- Chapter 10: Marketing Using Social Media
- Chapter 11: Websites, Search Engine Optimization, and Online Consultation
- Chapter 12: Vision Seminars as Educational Tools
- Chapter 13: Seasonal, Issue, and Topic-Focused Marketing
Section IV: The Laws and Ethics That Regulate Health Care Marketing
- Chapter 14: Marketing Laws
- Chapter 15: Ethics and Marketing
Section V: Disruptive Technologies and Future Directions
- Chapter 16: Disruptive Technologies and Trends That Will Impact Marketing
- Chapter 17: Future Marketing Trends
A crash course in marketing for eye care professionals, Grow Your Eye Care Practice: High Impact Pearls from the Marketing Experts guides readers through this crucial area of business development.
With an increase in patients undergoing elective procedures and an increase in the amount of providers, marketing has become the most important way for eye care professionals to grow their practices and differentiate themselves from their competition. Since marketing is not addressed in any formal course in medical school, optometry school, residency or fellowship, many eye care professionals lack basic understanding and skills in this area of growing importance to their businesses.
To meet this critical need, editor Dr. Ming Wang and associate editors Shareef Mahdavi, Michael Malley and Dr. Tracy Swartz have created this essential, timely handbook aggregating the key ophthalmic marketing pearls, teachings and experiences of some of the leading national and international marketing experts.
Grow Your Eye Care Practice begins with an overview of the history and current state of ophthalmic marketing, including a fascinating look at the commoditization of eye care as was demonstrated with the introduction of LASIK. The core chapters address foundational and innovative marketing concepts and their application to eye care, including:
- Market research, segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Patient experience
- Branding versus call to action
- Word of mouth referrals
- Digital marketing, including social media, websites and SEO
- Innovative marketing approaches
- Ethics and laws governing medical marketing
- Upcoming disruptive marketing technologies
Grow Your Eye Care Practice: High Impact Pearls from the Marketing Experts is an indispensable desktop reference for all eye care professionals--ophthalmologists, optometrists, administrators, practice managers, business associates, residents, fellows, medical students and optometry students—who wish to improve their marketing skills, grow their practices and differentiate themselves from their competition.