Co-published with the Arthroscopy Association of North America, The Shoulder: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques is a comprehensive technique-based book that presents the latest diagnostic, excisional, and reconstructive techniques in arthroscopic surgery for the shoulder.
The Shoulder: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques is led by premier arthroscopic surgeons Drs. Richard K.N. Ryu, Richard L. Angelo, and Jeffrey S. Abrams, and their international list of expert contributors. This all-encompassing resource includes preferred physical examination testing and diagnostic imaging choices in pre-operative planning and patient selection, state of the art step-by-step description of the procedures, comprehensive surgical equipment lists to perform each procedure, clear and precise indications for surgery and the thoughtful rationale behind stated contraindications, controversial indications, post-op protocols, and potential complications. The written text is supported by color numerous images and a website with invaluable, narrated video clips depicting disease specific arthroscopic techniques specific to the shoulder.
Features inside The Shoulder: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques:
- Narrated video accompanies all surgical techniques, focusing on the stepwise approach to each operation
- Consistent organization throughout the book results in a bulleted and user-friendly interface for a quick reference or prolonged study
- Top 5 technical Pearls of Practice for each procedure to enhance outcomes and to avoid common pitfalls and complications
- High-quality artwork and figures to compliment clinical images
- Equipment and surgical technique checklists for quick reference prior to surgery
Each expert contributor was chosen for his or her expertise for a specific topic related toThe Shoulder, so the reader benefits by the highest quality and treatment recommendations to provide the most impactful care to his or her patient.
Some chapter topics include:
-Arthroscopic Latarjet Stabilization
-Arthroscopic A-C Joint Reconstruction
-Arthroscopic Subscapularis Repair: Extra-Articular Approach
-Arthroscopic Suprascapular Nerve Release
-Arthroscopic Suprapectoral Biceps Tenodesis