Co-published with the Arthroscopy Association of North America, The Elbow and Wrist: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques is a comprehensive technique-based book that presents the latest diagnostic, excisional, and reconstructive techniques in arthroscopic surgery for the elbow and wrist.
The Elbow and Wrist: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical Techniques is led by premier arthroscopic surgeons Drs. Felix H. Savoie, Larry D. Field, Scott P. Steinmann, MD and their international list of expert contributors. This all-encompassing resource includes preferred physical examination testing and diagnostic imaging choices in pre-operative planning and patient selection, state of the art step-by-step description of the procedures, comprehensive surgical equipment lists to perform each procedure, clear and precise indications for surgery and the thoughtful rationale behind stated contraindications, controversial indications, post-op protocols, and potential complications.
The written text is supported by numerous color images and a website with invaluable, narrated video clips depicting disease specific arthroscopic techniques specific to the elbow and wrist.
Features inside The Elbow and Wrist: AANA Advanced Arthroscopic Surgical
• Narrated video accompanies all surgical techniques, focusing on the stepwise approach to each operation
• Consistent organization throughout the book results in a bulleted and user-friendly interface for a quick reference or prolonged study
• Top 5 technical Pearls of Practice for each procedure to enhance outcomes and to avoid common pitfalls and complications
• High-quality artwork and figures to compliment clinical images
• Equipment and surgical technique checklists for quick reference prior to surgery
Each expert contributor was chosen for his or her expertise for a specific topic related toThe Elbow and Wrist, so the reader benefits by the highest quality and treatment recommendations to provide the most impactful care to his or her patient.
Some chapter topics include:
- Degenerative Joint Disease of the Elbow: Arthroscopic Management
- Open MUCL Reconstruction: The Andrews Technique
- New Techniques: The Future of Elbow Arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic Treatment of Distal Radius Fractures
- Endoscopic CT Release: The Chow Technique