The quintessential guide providing a one-stop roadmap to a neurosurgical career!
Neurological surgery is a complex, highly selective specialty. For medical students and residents, navigating a huge array of neurosurgical information can be overwhelming. Neurosurgery Fundamentals by Nitin Agarwal is a portable reference enabling swift assimilation of neurosurgical care essentials. The book starts with a roadmap to a career in neurosurgery. It concludes with Advice from the Masters, featuring invaluable resources and insights from prominent neurosurgeons.
Comprehensive technical overviews are provided on the neurological exam, neuroanatomy, neuroradiology, neurocritical care, traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, degenerative and deformity spine, neurovascular surgery, neurosurgical oncology, pediatric neurosurgery, functional neurosurgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, neurological infectious diseases, and interdisciplinary care. Socioeconomic topics include training, licensure, credentialing, and advocacy.
- Fundamental diseases, tests, and operative approaches are summarized.
- Top Hits feature the most salient questions, aiding in retention of knowledge.
- High-yield resources are highlighted to augment reader identification.
- Neurosurgical Pearls offer advice from the masters relevant to each chapter.
- High-quality illustrations, photographs, and radiographs enrich understanding.
Aspiring neurosurgical providers will benefit from the easy-to-digest wealth of information in this concise, yet comprehensive guide.