This new edition of a highly acclaimed standard reference has been restructured
for greater practical usefulness, to follow the clinical setting.
It meticulously describes and illustrates all procedures utilized by the most recognized leaders in the field, to showcase current trends, controversies, and innovations in practice.
An integral DVD features video-clips of the surgical procedures themselves being performed to complete this comprehensive reference.
1. Basic Science
2. Male and Female Pattern Hair Loss
3. Unpatterned Hair Loss
4. The Initial Interview and Evaluation
6. Surgical Planning and Organization
7. The Pre-operative Phase
8. Anesthesia 9. Donor Area Harvesting
10. Graft Preparation and Storage
11. Graft Survival and Growth Studies
12. The Recipient Site
13. Graft Insertion
14. The Post-operative Phase
15. Hair Transplanting in Asian and Black Patients
16. Transplanting that Requires Special Consideration
17. Correction of Cosmetic Problems Secondary to Hair Transplantation
18. Ancillary Surgical Procedures
19. Setting Up an Office
Walter P. Unger, Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Co-Director
of the Division of Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery at Mt Sinai Medical School
in New York.
In 1995 he was the recipient of the ISHRS Golden Follicle Award and was one of only three physicians recommended for hair transplanting in the consumer's reference book, The Best Doctors in America.
Dr Unger has served on The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and as Chairman of the task force on Medical Standards for Hair Transplantation Surgery of the American Academy of Dermatology and as President of the CAHRS.