This book is truly a classic, beloved by plastic surgeons throughout the world. Its strength lies in its simple, elegant approach to solving common reconstructive problems encountered by plastic surgeons at all levels of training. Its appeal transcends specialty interests, with aesthetic and reconstructive surgeons alike finding this book to be an invaluable resource for daily practice. Its comprehensive coverage makes it an essential addition to any surgeon’s library.
This new edition has been totally revised and updated with over 150 additional pages, two new chapters, and numerous new cases, flaps, and problems. Additionally, there are color illustrations, summary tables highlighting the best flaps for various clinical situations, annotated bibliographies, and much, much more. Throughout these pages, the reader benefits from Dr. Jackson’s enormous experience and wisdom as he makes note of special tips, critical maneuvers, and important principles that warrant emphasis. Each flap is accompanied by a description of potential problems, and each anatomic area for reconstruction ends with a technique of choice so that the reader can understand the decision-making process that is involved in flap selection. Each reconstructive option is presented in great detail with operative photos as well as beautiful illustrations to depict flap design, elevation, and closure, and to more clearly explicate complex flap reconstructions for difficult problems. Common mistakes and the limitations of each flap are clearly delineated. Chapters on each anatomic region conclude with new summary tables which help the reader quickly identify the best reconstructive options for specific problems. There is clearly a wealth of information and much to be learned and applied by surgeons at all levels of expertise.
WHAT’S NEW IN THIS EDITION!
- 2 comprehensive new chapters: Problems and Complications and Tissue Expansion
- Summary tables of flap choices concluding each chapter
- Color throughout
- Numerous new cases and reconstructive problems
- Beautiful medical illustrations
- New flaps and reconstructive approaches
- Step-by-step detail depicting the design and execution of a wide variety of flaps
- Tips and tricks providing insight into the author’s thought process
- Annotated bibliographies for in-depth reading
- General Considerations
- Patient Management
- Forehead Reconstruction
- Nose Reconstruction
- Cheek Reconstruction
- Ear Reconstruction
- Eyelid and Canthal Region Reconstruction
- Lip Reconstruction
- Tissue Expansion
- Problems and Complications