1 Gross Anatomy
2 Meninges and CSF
3 Blood Supply
4 Development of CNS
5 Histology of the Nervous System
6 Spinal Cord
10 Cranial Nerves
11 Ascending and Descending Tracts
13 Diencephalon: Hypothalamus
14 Cerebral Cortex
15 Basal Ganglia
17 Limbic System
18 Auditory System
19 Vestibular System
20 Visual System and Eye Movements
21 Olfactory and Gustatory Systems
22 Autonomic Nervous System
24 Comprehensive Review
Ensure readiness for the USMLE® or any other high-stakes exam covering neuroscience!
Thieme Test Prep for the USMLE®: Medical Neuroscience by Manas Das and Lee Baugh fills a void in available board prep materials with its focus on neuroscience. Readers will learn to recall, analyze, integrate, and apply biochemical and molecular biological knowledge to solve clinical problems.
- Approximately 520 USMLE®-style multiple choice questions on neuroscience, classified as easy, moderate, and difficult, with detailed explanations
- Questions cover clinical neurology as well as basics of neuroscience such as development, structure, and function
- Chapters are organized based on neuroanatomical structure and systems, from the spinal cord to the automatic nervous system
- Neuroimaging section and final exam chapter are invaluable tools for students to utilize before the boards
- Questions begin with a clinical vignette, and approximately 35% are image-based, mirroring the USMLE® format
This essential resource will help you assess your knowledge and fully prepare for the USMLE® Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 exam.
Be prepared for your board exam with the Thieme Test Prep for the USMLE® series!
- Das: Histology and Embryology Q&A
- Fontes and McCarthy: Medical Biochemistry
- Hankin et al: Clinical Anatomy Q&A
- Harriott et al: Medical Microbiology and Immunology Q&A
- Kemp and Brown: Pathology Q&A
- Waite and Sheakley: Medical Physiology Q&A