1 Neuroanatomy and Physiology 2 General Spine Anatomy and Long Tract Pathways. 3 Atlanto-Occipital Anatomy 4 Cervical Spine Anatomy 5 Thoracic Spine 6 Lumbar Spine Anatomy 7 Sacral Spine 8 Spinal History and Physical Examination 9 Common Radiographic Measurements 10 Cervical Disk Disease 11 Lumbar Disk Disease 12 Scoliosis 13 Spinal Trauma and Fractures 14 Primary and Metastatic Spinal Tumors 15 Spinal Infections 16 Pediatrics 17 Anterior Cervical Diskectomy and Fusion 18 Posterior Cervical Laminoplasty with Instrumentation 19 Posterior Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion 20 Open Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion 21 Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion 22 Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion 23 Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion 24 Surgical Complications 25 Common Medical Complications Following Routine Spinal Surgery
The management of patients with spinal conditions involves a team-based approach, with professionals and trainees contributing through their respective roles. As such, medical trainees need resources that enable them to quickly and adeptly learn spine "basics," such as performing spinal examinations. This handbook is a concise, compact guide on key principles of spine surgical knowledge - from the atlanto-occipital joint to the coccyx. It provides both professionals and medical trainees with user-friendly, insightful text gleaned from the hands-on insights of seasoned spinal surgeons.
Core fundamentals cover spine anatomy, clinical evaluations, spine imaging, diagnostic spine tests, and select spine procedures. Common surgical approaches are delineated in succinct bulleted text, accompanied by case studies and radiographic pathology. This format is conducive to learning and provides an ideal spine surgery review for medical students, postgraduate trainees participating in spine rotations, and residents.
- The only book on spinal pathology and management created with contributions from medical students and residents
- High-impact citations and questions at the end of each chapter highlight key topics
- Detailed drawings, diagrams, radiographic images, and MRIs elucidate and expand upon chapter topics
- Tables provide a quick reference, with concise information including impacted anatomy, nerves, and procedural maneuvers utilized in exams
- Spine Essentials Handbook is a must-have resource for orthopaedic and neurosurgery residents and medical students. It will also benefit physiatrists, spine practitioners, orthopaedic and neurosurgical trainees and nurses, and chiropractors.