ICD-10-CM has touched every physician practice. Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding Workbook will make coding easier.
Written for all health care professionals whose work involves diagnosing a patient, coding or selecting a diagnosis code for patient encounters, this workbook provides practical experience using real-life coding case studies rather than simple diagnosisstatements. It can be used as an independent study training tool or for formal school programs. Each chapter begins with a brief introduction, followed by the exercises and case studies corresponding to each chapter in the ICD-10-CM codebook.
Features and Benefits
- UPDATED CODES! content has been updated and revised using the 2017 ICD-10-CM code set.
- Chart notes code directly from complete chart notes from medical records that use the ICD-10-CM coding system.
- Case studies more than 150 real-life case studies help build skill and proficiency.
- Chapter exercises hands-on exercises for each case study, using fill-in-theblank questions (answers with rationales relative to code selections are included).
- Organized by ICD-10-CM specialty ï¿½ allows the user to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook.
Coding students, educators, professional coders and instructors, third-party payers, physicians, health care management consultants, office managers and practice administrators.
Deborah J. Grider, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CEMS, COBGC, CCS-P, CDIP, is an approved ICD-10 trainer with the American Health Information Management Association. Her background includes many year of practical experience inreimbursementissues, procedural and diagnostic coding, and medical practice management.
Ms. Grider teaches and consults with private practices, physician networks and hospital-based educational programs. Under a federal retraining grant, she helpeddevelop and implement a medical assisting program for MethodistHospital of Indiana. She conducts many seminars throughout the year on coding and reimbursement issues and teaches several insurance courses and coding courses for various organizations.