CPT® 2017 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services.
Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Since the CPT® code set is a dynamic, ever-changing standard, an outdated codebook does not suffice. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2017 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other codebook can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
Noteworthy changes to the CPT 2017 code set will be found in the following sections and subsections: Bone Biopsy; Physical Medicine; Laryngeal; Mammography; Hemodialysis Access; Vaccines; Drug Testing and Moderate Sedation. With this edition there is a new modifier and appendix for synchronous telemedicine services.
Features and Benefits
- AMA EXCLUSIVE! Coding guidelines and parenthetical instruction ï¿½ definitive guidance from the CPT Editorial Panel.
- Illustrated Anatomical and Procedural Review ï¿½ a quick reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics.
- Coding tips throughout each section ï¿½ improve understanding of the code setï¿½s nuances.
- Evaluation and Management Reference Tables ï¿½ summarize the requirements for reporting E/M services and help the user select and validate proper E/M coding.
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations ï¿½ provide crossreferenced information to essential AMA resources that enhance understanding of the CPT code set.
- Comprehensive index ï¿½ aids the user in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations for key codes ï¿½ help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed.
- Appendix of multianalyte assays with algorithmic analyses ï¿½ provides an administrative codeset of single-sourced (laboratory or manufacturer) tests.
- Section-specific tables of contents ï¿½ provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each sectionï¿½s codes.
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions ï¿½ provides an overview of 2017 changes tabular listing of Molecular Pathology.
- Multiple appendices ï¿½ offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes and vascular families.
Professional coders and instructors, third-party payers, physicians, health care management consultants, office managers and practice administrators.
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the premier national organization dedicated to shaping a healthier future for America by empowering the nationï¿½s physicians to provide safer, more efficient and higher quality care for patients andcommunities.
For more than 50 years the AMA has used its knowledge and resources to author and publish books, data files and online resources that answer the needs of todayï¿½s busy physicians and their staff. The AMA line includes titles on CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding; reimbursement; practice management; impairment; and HIPAA, electronic health records and Meaningful Use.