Regenerative medicine offers physicians new tools to help repair damaged tissue, alleviate pain, accelerate healing, and improve function for patients with degenerative conditions or sports injuries. Regenerative Treatments in Sports and Orthopedic Medicine is the first comprehensive book devoted to orthobiologic treatments for orthopedic conditions. Authored by experts in regenerative medicine, this evidence- and experience-based guide is written for clinicians looking to understand and effectively implement these treatments in their practices.
Broad yet focused coverage of the scientific underpinnings, regulatory issues, staffing and equipment, nutritional and rehabilitation concerns, and orthobiologic interventions for specific clinical problems make this the ideal procedural reference for anyone working to restore function to athletes or other patients with musculoskeletal pathologies.
- Unparallelled coverage of clinical science and practical applications
- Written by pioneering leaders at the forefront of an emerging standard of care
- Evidence-based indications for initiating orthobiologic therapies
- Includes a review of important nomenclature for the novice
- Covers both Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and stem cell procedures
- A must-read guide for practitioners in academic and private practice settings