The second edition of Administrative Topics in Athletic Training continues to be a dynamic text that addresses important administrative issues, practices, and procedures, as well as fundamental concepts, strategies, and techniques related to the management of all aspects of an athletic training health care delivery system. Uniquely, this text balances theory and application around management, administration, and leadership for the athletic trainer in multiple practice settings.
Inside the second edition, the authors feature case studies and instructional activities, both within the text and instructor materials, to help athletic training students and clinicians understand and apply the concepts to ï¿½real worldï¿½ scenarios. Numerous graphic elements such as boxes, callouts, tables, and illustrations are included throughout the text to enhance readability.
New and updated features to the second edition include:
- Numerous case studies, examples, and classroom activities.
- 12 appendices that provide tools and examples to aid in the application of concepts and principles addressed in the text.
- Each chapter uses an Advanced Organizer to aid the reader in chapter orientation.
- All chapters have been updated to include changes in laws, regulations and practices. Issues in educational and clinical settings are broken into different chapters.
- Chapters have been grouped into three sections to improve flow of the text - Personal Practices, Athletic Training Practices and Organizational Practices.
- Faculty will have access to an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, and Test Bank Questions.
Updated topics inside the second edition include:
- Use of social media.
- Multiple generations in the workplace.
- Time management and prioritisation.
- Process of writing a business plan.
- Athletic training as a business.
- Starting your own business.
- Administrative models in educational settings.
- Impact of degree transition in athletic training.
- Guidelines for appropriate medical coverage in secondary school and university settings.
- Expanding roles of Athletic Trainers in clinical settings.
Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional material to be used for teaching in the classroom.
This new edition provides beneficial information on administrative topics and will be a useful resource for athletic training students, practitioners, and any administrator responsible for supervision of athletic trainers and athletic training service programs.