The publishers of Stedman’s invite you to learn what it means to be a medical transcriptionist from a book written by a practicing transcriptionist! Medical Transcription Fundamentals provides a strong foundation for students and practitioners in an accessible, conversational style. The text outlines the responsibilities associated with the occupation, covers the specific knowledge, skills, and education needed, and provides a conceptual understanding of general medical terms and various medical specialties in a way that is easily remembered.
- NEW! Chapters on surgery and pharmacology!
- NEW! Cloze exercises to encourage students to use critical thinking skills to fill in missing words in reports while listening to audio.
- NEW! Latest styles, forms, and grammar and usage specific to the profession from The Book of Style, Third Edition by Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity have been incorporated
- This book has maintained a focus on ease of use and understanding, keeping a format that outline the fundamental components of this profession clearly in three main sections:
- Part I introduces the field, required tools, medical terminology, and editing basics, and provides instruction in basic medical report preparation.
- Part II offers chapters dedicated to the most common medical specialties.
- Part III gives an introduction to job opportunities in the field of medical transcription, offers job search strategies, and provides guidance in creating a winning resume.