This fourth volume in the highly regarded Cosmetic Procedures series provides
step-by-step instruction for treating sun-damaged skin and other common aesthetic
complaints using laser and light technologies. From equipment and patient selection
to combining laser treatments with other cosmetic procedures for enhanced outcomes,
this illustrated reference offers valuable procedural guidance regardless of
your experience level. A Practical Guide to Laser Procedures delivers information
essential for achieving high patient satisfaction and successfully performing
cosmetic laser treatments.
Look at all you’ll discover…
- Quickly gain skill and confidence in the treatment of sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, pigmented and vascular lesions, hair and tattoo removal.
- Full-color design and illustrations boost understanding of each procedure.
- Photographs of clinical endpoints clearly show what changes to look for on the skin with laser treatments.
- Step-by-step instructions guide you through each procedure to rapidly acquire skill.
- Detailed coverage of relevant anatomy, indications and contraindications, patient selection, procedure preparation, treatment techniques and practical tips, before and after treatment photographs, and areas to be avoided to help improve outcomes and minimize complication risks.
- Accompanying videos of procedures assist visual learning.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Instructional videos of procedures.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Key References
Section 2: Introduction and Foundation Concepts
Section 3: Treatments
Chapter 1: Hair Removal
Chapter 2: Pigmented Lesions
Chapter 3: Vascular Lesions
Chapter 4: Tattoo Removal
Chapter 5: Wrinkles—Nonablative Resurfacing
Chapter 6: Wrinkles—Ablative Resurfacing
Appendix 1: Aesthetic Intake Form
Appendix 2: Fitzpatrick Skin Type
Appendix 3: Before and After Instructions
Appendix 4: Consent Forms
Appendix 5: Procedure Notes
Appendix 6: Supply Sources
Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA; Monterey Bay Laser Aesthetics, Capitola, CA